E-mail: beckmanndn at gmail.com
B.A. (History), University of South Carolina, 1985
M.Div. (Magna Cum Laude), Covenant Theological Seminary, St. Louis, 1990
Has also studied at:
Washington University, St. Louis, 1971-1973 (Judaic Studies major)
The Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel, 1973-1974 (Hebrew and O.T.)
Columbia International University, Greenville, SC, 1982-1983 (Theology and Philosophy)
Whitefield Theological Seminary, Lakeland, Florida, Th.M. (Ecclesiastical Latin)
Wycliffe Hall, Oxford, England, 2015 (Bible, Theology, Church History)
- Faculty, The Evangelical Institute of Greenville, SC, 1977-1979; taught introductory New Testament Greek and helped manage student workers.
- Founding Headmaster, Hilton Head Christian School, Hilton Head Island, S.C. (1979-1982)
- Adjunct faculty, Covenant College "Quest" Program, Rome, Georgia extension, teaching Bible and Philosophy, c. 1999-2001.
- Founder and Headmaster of Knox Academy, Chattanooga, 2001-2007, a home school tutorial, teaching Latin, History, Western Literature, Logic and Rhetoric, grades 5-12.
- Faculty, Chattanooga Christian School, 2007-2014, teaching Latin, English, Ethics, and History.
- Adjunct faculty, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Classics Dept., 2014
- Assistant Pastor, Grace Bible Church (Independent Baptist), Hilton Head Island, 1979-1982;
- Pastor, Boatswain Bay Presbyterian Church (PCA), Grand Cayman Island, British West Indies, 1991-1997.
- Assistant Pastor, Cherokee Presbyterian Church (PCA), Woodstock, Georgia, 1997-2000
- Vicar, St. George Anglican Church (EMC), Chattanooga, c. 2005-2009.
- Assistant Priest and Interim Rector, Anglican Church of the Redeemer (ACNA), Chattanooga, 2011-2013; 2017-2018.
- Staff Member, Precept Ministries, International, teaching and managing conference ministry (1970's)
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the Annual National Keswick Convention, Grand Cayman Island, BWI (1990's)
- Founded the Cayman Islands (BWI) chapter of Evangelism Explosion (1990's)
- Director, The C. S. Lewis Study Centre at The Kilns, Oxford, England (2014-2015) http://www.cslewis.org/ourprograms/thekilns/
- Current: Executive Director, The Christian Study Center of Chattanooga, (2019-) https://www.chattanoogastudycenter.org/
- "Praying the Catechism: A Prayer Based on the Larger Catechism's Exposition of the Lord's Prayer," Presbyterion: Vol. xvi, Fall, 1990, No. 2.
- “The Importance of Preaching for Anglican Renewal,” The North American Anglican, Vol. 1, Winter 2008.
- Truth to Life: Turning Doctrine into Devotion - Prayers Based Upon the Thirty-Nine Articles (Chattanooga: Logres Books, 2017)
- “Fairy Stories: Worlds of Imagination in the Writings of Lewis and Tolkien,” Past Watchful Dragons: Fantasy and Faith in the World of C. S. Lewis, November 3-5, 2005, Belmont University.
- “The Medieval World View of C. S. Lewis,” “We Would Be At Jerusalem” Conference, 2-3 March, 2007, http://www.chattanoogan.com/2007/3/1/100137/C.S.-Lewis-Scholar-To-Keynote-Lewis.aspx
- "Historic Anglicanism and the Three Streams Motif," 2012 Georgia Anglican / Episcopal Laymen’s Conference, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Blue Ridge, Georgia, 13 Sept. 2012
- "Debriefing Letters to Malcolm," Oxford University C. S. Lewis Society, 28 April, 2015.
- Priest, Anglican Diocese of the South, Anglican Church of North America.
- Member, Oxford C. S. Lewis Society.
- Moderator, C. S. Lewis Society of Chattanooga
- Member, Committee for the annual University of Tennessee at Chattanooga C. S. Lewis lecture - http://www.lewisutclecture.com
- Former member, Cayman Islands Minister's Association
- Former member: American Classical League
- Former Member, Association of British Counties